Wednesday, March 01, 2006

St. Michael's Institution - Ipoh, Perak (1968-1982)


Thats my school and Class of 82. This landmark always gives me good old memories during my school days where I spent 15 years there from kindergarden to Form 5, and after that moved on to Methodist High School for my Form 6. This is the school that I spent my entire primary and secondary education. The classroom that I occupied during my last year in the school is at the left side second row, second to third windows openings. Thats where my classroom was during Form 5. This building had never changed and it is still standing majestically in the town of Ipoh. When I am back to Ipoh, I always take the opportunity to drive back to the school for a visit and let my kids know this is the place where I studied. The big field in front of the building is still there (and is one of the best school field in town till today) where it is use for our Monday assemblies, inter-class and inter-school football and hockey competitions, and school sports day where we ran 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m and 1500m around the field. This the place where I spent my childhood growing up besides my home in Hugh Low Street (now Jalan Sultan Iskandar) Although I have lost contact of most my schoolmates, the school itself continues to bring me fond memories of how we grew up and studied together, attend sport activitives on every Saturdays and burnt the midnite oil at the school library during the examination period. Very recently I do a search on the web and learnt that there is a website that host the Old Michaelian Alumni (OMA). I think by joining the OMA, it will be the only avenue now for me to go in search of my long lost schoolmates. Wish me luck in my search..........

Lets cherish old memories..........

No comments: