Thursday, January 31, 2008
Is this the kind of people you wanna vote and represent you in Parlimen. Maybe these two dudes mother's are not women, or both their parents are GAY, cinya!!! Totally no respect for the fairer sex.
Please remember that you dont get voted to talk kok in Parlimen. And dont forget your salary is all paid by the RAKYAT unless you are involved in heavy corruptions.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
George Carlin is a Grammy-winning American stand-up comedian, actor and author.
He is especially noted for his political and black humor and his observations on language, psychology and religion along with many taboo subjects.
George Carlin on aging!
IF YOU DON'T READ THIS TO THE VERY END, YOU HAVE LOST A DAY IN YOUR LIFE. AND WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED, DO AS I AM DOING AND SEND IT ON.
George Carlin's Views on Aging
Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.
'How old are you?' 'I'm four and a half!' You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on five! That's the key
You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead.
'How old are you?' 'I'm gonna be 16!' You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16! And then the greatest day of your life ! You become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony. YOU BECOME 21. YESSSS!!!
But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're Just a sour-dumpling. What's wrong? What's changed?
You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50 and your dreams are gone.
But wait!!! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!
So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.
You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!
You get into your 80's and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; 'I Was JUST 92.'
Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. 'I'm 100 and a half!'
May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!!
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay 'them.'
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.' And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER :
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moment that take our breath away .
And if you don't send this to at least 8 people - who cares? But do share this with someone. We all need to live life to its fullest each day!!
Monday, January 28, 2008
I have some good news for runners who blogs or having their own webpage.
adidas had brought in some very high performance technical to be given away to runners to wear-test them & given us their very frank & unprejudiced opinion about the shoes
after 30 days of usage.
The sizes are limited and I have them in size UK5.5, 7.5 , 8.5 & 10.5. Those wishing to possess these shoes will have to comply with the following terms & condition :
1 ) Come to the adidas office to fit the shoes.
2 ) Undertake to give comment about the shoes after 30 days of usage.
3 ) Must be a blogger or has his/her own website.
If you are interested pls make an appointment with me or my partners Mori Hiroshi as detailed below :
adidas Malaysia Sdn Bhd
Block B , Level 4,
45 Media Setia 1
Tel Office : 03 - 20804843 / 20804876
Contact Person ( 1 )
Mobile : 012 - 3503668
E-Mail : email@example.com
Contact Person ( 2 )
E-mail : Hiroshi.firstname.lastname@example.org
This offer expires on
Head of Running
So I called up Krishnan on Friday (25th Jan 2008) to ask for an appointment to see if I am qualified. As I was on the phone with him, I did also mentioned that currently I do market Saucony on a freelance basis and wanna ensure that here is no conflict of interest from a brand perspective.
It was very professional of Krishnan to say "NO" as he said that it will be even better for him where I can make comparisons between Adidas and Saucony. He gladly invited me to come over to his office and see him to choose the right model for myself.
As I reached the Adidas Malaysia office, I was greeted by Krishnan after about 5mins at the waiting lounge area. He brought along a box of shoes out and based on my shoe size which is between US9 and 9.5, and also I am a neutral runner which need good cushioning + stability, he specifically offered me the Adidas SuperNova Cushion 7 (EE). It was a yellow beauty and she immediately caught my full attention.
My first impression of her:
1) According to Krishnan the sole of the shoe is built around a piece of rubber which absorbs the pressure of every step that the runner take. To show me the effectiveness, he brought out a round purple ball and asked me to throw it on the floor. The purple ball did not bounce at all but stuck to the ground where it fell (like a piece of plasticine). The same material of the purple ball is also placed at the forefoot for better cushioning and lift off. The technology is patented by Adidas and its called "ADIPRENE". The logical sense behind ADIPRENE is every time your feet that's carrying the body weight hits the ground, it basically absorb all the pressure instead of allowing it to push back to your feet that will impact your calf and thigh muscle. With this technology, the SuperNova Cushion 7 will allow you to stay longer on the road with little impact.
Note: The ADIPRENE technology is definitely suitable for runners who always land on their forefoot (like a sprinter or I called them Hopper) which supports the entire body weight as the feet hits the tarmac. It will definitely able to absorb the pressure as well as cushy enuf to give the runner the transition to lift off.
2) Next is the "FORMOTION" that divides the heel of the shoe into two separate portion. FORMOTION is designed at the outer side heel of the shoe. According to Krishnan, this is to provide more flexibility at the heel during landing and also to prevent heavy wear and tear at the heel portion.
3) The "ADIWEAR" technology is incorporated at the back of the sole (heel) to minimise heavy wear and tear as the rubber hit the tarmac.
4) The "NO SEAM" technology actually offer a no stitch mechanism on the mesh material that is use for the make of the shoe. And therefore less friction around the feet and probably the problem of getting blisters.
5) The famous "ADIDAS TORSION SYSTEM" is also incorporated at the arch area of the sole to provide further stability.
6) Lastly is the "GEOFIT" technology that had the shoe designed in such a way that it is very feet hugging. (Just like the feeling of hugging your favorite toy bear). I have not put the shoes on the run but the feeling is like the shoes are your feet when I was trying her on.
So sounds like there are quite a fair bit of German technologies that were incorporated into designing and manufacturing the SuperNova Cushion 7. The next is for me to put her on for a ride this week and let the run do the talking on how well can she gallops.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
It was a well played match by both players but the better player emerged as the champion. And as I said it is always very difficult for any players to beat Maria Sharapova when she is match fit and free on injury. Moreover she was on form for the entire tournament, and that's make it even harder for Ana Ivanovic to beat her.
I thot Ana did give Maria a run for the money in the first set before losing very closely. The second set was almost a white washed when Sharapova put on the turbo and took every shot that was returned to her. Anyway the better player wins the championship.
I hope there will be more to come from Ana Ivanovic ~ the next generation of young players that will surface in the tennis world.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Who will be the winner of the 1st Grand Slam of Year 2008. Both are fantastic player with great fighting spirits. My favorite will always be the young up and coming Ana Ivanovic to come out the winner. But its always difficult to beat an in-form Maria Sharapova which is free of injury and had disposed Justin Henin easily on the route to the final.
I will stick to my TV set this weekend to watch this game and hoping Ana will rise up to the occasion and not feel the jitters of playing in a Grand Slam Final. My money is on Ana.
Come on Ana.....show the world you have mature to be consider the new world No 1.
Monday, January 21, 2008
And now for MCA to do something for the Chinese community, does Ong Ka Ting (OKT) got the outright kok to walk up to ABB and ask him to lift the ban of fire-crackers during the 15 days of Chinese New Year. Mr OKT, if you do that then I must said that you have put the Chinese community one up in terms of the Government respecting the celebrations of various ethnic cultures. At least make it legal, besides the celebration being more lively, the government will make some extra revenue for collecting taxes on these fireworks and firecrackers. OKT, dare to take this bold steps or not...huh huh huh!!!!!
Even if he is not successful and dont have the kok to do it, you will still see the Chinese community happily burning fire crackers away. So wats the difference. Moreover the burning of firecrackers are not just limited to the Chinaman celebrations anymore. In Malaysia nowadays, the burning of fireworks and firecrackers are also done when the Muslim are celebrating Hari Raya Adil Fitri, when the Indians are celebrating Deepavali and the Christians celebrating Christmas. Such activities have been accepted by respective ethnic groups although burning of firecrackers have always been associated with the Chinese communities.
OKT, are you kok enuf to make this bold request....huh huh huh!!!!
Sunday, January 20, 2008
First hor it was 2 days before der race that I step into der TNS pothole in my morning run and hurt my left ankle a bit. Then on race day hor, as I was walking towards der starting point, I wanted to do short call and decided a small detour to wee wee at a nearby bush. Tell you hor, I step into a patch of grass that is fill with water. Next thing hor I knew was my shoes and socks are soak. Have to take out my socks and squeeze all der water out. TNS. With der wet socks I do forsee having some problem with der friction. True enuf, both my feet started to get blisters at my arch area. So have to run with der burden of der blisters and pain from 10k onwards until finishing.
Some more hor at der 10k mark, I realized that my GPS kok was not set correctly to record my pace, timing and distance (after checking it at home after der race, its was me who didnt set it and not those kiddos who mess it up). TNS again. Another TNS is der pain at my ankle started to act up at around 25k-26k. I had to slow down my pace (even slower than talk kok pace) just as not to aggravate it further as der pain can be unbearable at times. Der Sloan which I applied before der race (recommended by Chen) helps to numb der pain until 25k.
Today hor, this is my first run of der year that touches 30k. No complain lah with der time of 3.01.13 as my goal was to finish around 3.10. Treat it as part of my LSD towards KLIM08 lor. Anyway this 30k race had given me an indicator where my fitness, endurance and stamina level are at der moment. My gut feel hor is that I need to increase my mileage as my training progresses towards the race day of KLIM08 on 30 March 2008.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Sunday, January 13, 2008
MIC president Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu said Krishnasamy had told him about the threats before he left for India two weeks ago.
“I just advised him to take care. That was the most I could say,” he said, adding that such threats were not unusual in politics. However, he could not confirm if the threats were linked to politics or business.
Samy Vellu said that he, too, received 10 to 15 such calls a day from people making all sorts of accusations and threats.
Wah, this is gangsterism or what? Is the police going to check it out before he become the next victim. Looks like his life is under threat. Podah, aneh!!!! Dont simply make this kind of statement and think you are hella of a great dictator. Talk like a big time Tai Kor that can escape all murder plot on him. This is not a Chow Yun Fatt movie, cinya!!!!
My next question will be "Is it true that politicians often receive such an enormous number of threatening phone calls? Does AAB, C4 man and the rest of our cabinet ministers receive such phone calls often? If a politician’s will to focus on helping people and serving the needs of the people, and if these duties are conducted in an ethical and honest manner, would he or she receive such life threatening phone calls?
What a talk kok fellar, I thot Der Pacemakers talk kok when running, this fellar talk kok all the time.
More news, click here , here and here.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
We need caliber coaches that not just only have the know how ie experience and exposure in the sports but also academically qualified. The country cannot continue to just promote our retired national sportsman and perpetually became national coaches. Not that I dont agree with it but we must ensure these groups of people have to be academically qualified as well.
Mixing thoery and practical in sports are extremely important. Its like your left hand and your right hand working together. Very often, we take it for granted that a national champion or a sportmans who perform well at the international arena can automatically qualify to be come a coach. Thats not true.
Next we may want to do a quick survey and analysis on our current breed of coaches. How many of them are academically qualified as well in the area that they are in ie have a sports science background. If not then the only way for them to become a national coach is to enrol into the education. There is not short cut to success, Malaysia wake up!!!!
Just like becoming a manager of a football team in any of the international football league, be it EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, blah blah blah. One can be the greatest footballer on earth during his prime days but he had to get a license before managing a team. Simple as that.
Since I am touching on this, I am also having doubts about our govt ministries. How many of our Ministers and politicians are highly qualified. When I said that I dont mean they just have diplomas and normal degrees. This type of qualification, any Ah Lee, Ah Kow, Ah Mei and Ah Hoon on the streets have it. What I am referring to are qualifications from the likes of the elites like Oxford, Cambridge, MIT, Stanford Business School, blah blah blah. If we are not then we are in serious trouble having a bunch of YOU KNOW WHAT managing important tasks for the country.
Lets move the bar higher be it in sports or politics. We cannot have someone who are not academically qualified to do the job, FULL STOP. Else we are just a bunch of Good For Nothing trying to think we can hack it.
From now on my base LSD will be 25k onwards and the route will be LG-Hartamas-LG (one loop around Petronas). Then it will be the Carcosa route where it leads to the Deer Park, National Mosque, Islamic Museum and back to the Bkt Aman carpark. If I want to do a 30k then another loop around the Carcosa route. I concured with Carboman that this route is so much better than looping around the Hartamas area which is too dusty,noisy and full of lorries.
Happy training and seeya around. Say "HI" when you meet another runner on the road. Lets put more fun into running and not get too serious about it.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Pumping gas.... good things to know.
Don't know how true this is, but it's interesting !!
I've been in petroleum pipeline business for about 31 years, currently working for the Kinder-Morgan Pipeline here in San Jose , CA . We deliver about 4 million gallons in a 24-hour period from the pipe line; one day it's diesel, the next day it's jet fuel and gasoline. We have 34 storage tanks here with a total capacity of 16,800,000 gallons. Here are some tricks to help you get your money's worth:
1. Fill up your car or truck in the morning when the temperature is still cool. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground; and the colder the ground, the denser the gasoline. When it gets warmer gasoline expands, so if you're filling up in the afternoon or in the evening, what should be a gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and temperature of the fuel (gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products) are significant. Every truckload that we load is temperature-compensated so that the indicated gallonage is actually the amount pumped. A one-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for businesses, but service stations don't have temperature compensation at the ir pum ps.
2. If a tanker truck is filling the station's tank at the time you want to buy gas, do not fill up; most likely dirt and sludge in the tank is being stirred up when gas is being delivered, and you might be transferring that dirt from the bottom of their tank into your car's tank.
3. Fill up when your gas tank is half-full (or half-empty), because the more gas you have in your tank the less air there is and gasoline evaporates rapidly, especially when it's warm. (Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating 'roof' membrane to act as a barrier between the gas and the atmosphere, thereby minimizing evaporation.)
4. If you look at the trigger you'll see that it has three delivery settings: slow, medium and high. When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to the high setting. You should be pumping at the slow setting, thereby minimizing vapors created while you are pumping. Hoses at the pump are corrugated; the corrugations act as a return path for vapor recovery from gas that already has been metered. If you are pumping at the high setting, the agitated gasoline contains more vapor, which is being sucked back into the underground tank, so you're getting less gas for your money. Hope this will help ease your 'pain at the pump'
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Work wise I have no complains as the year started. Anyway its the same every year, numbers and numbers, quotas and quotas. This had became a very monotonous task for me whom I had been working for the past 13 years with this company. No complains so far but I believe it can be better with more strategic leadership, motivation and vision for the future. IMHO I think the current state of my company is undergoing a transformation with some leaders moving on while new ones with new ideas replacing them. Its still too early to say whether its for the better or for the worst. Lets see how it goes.
Running wise I have kinda reach my goal of running comfortably under a 6min pace in a long run like 15k - 20k. Even in a shorter distance, I can even now bring it down to a sub5 min pace. This I believed its the base training (over 2 years since I make a comeback to running in Sept 05) that I work myself on plus those speedworks that I integrate into my LSD and weekday morning runs. Its starting to show based on those timings that I achieved lately in the past couple of races. This will continue as 2008 goes by. As I said I will make the most out of this year since its a Leap Year.
The next big thing in my mind is the current state of marketing the Saucony brand of running shoes to fellow runners. I hope and do believed that I kinda of create a name for Saucony in the running scene ( since I reintroduce it to the market for the past 1.5yrs) where I am starting to see more runners using the brand in some races. This was made possible for the reason that I went overboard in creating promotions (sacrificing for a lower margin) and making this brand a lot more affordable to casual and serious runners. And yet I am not sacrificing on the value and performance of the brand. Feedbacks was indeed very positive towards the quality and performance of the brand, and I believed it can be better if I spend more time to market it.
My next challenge towards the brand beginning of the year was the news that I got from the distributor that they wont be stocking the models in Malaysia. And therefore with this decision that they made, I actually have to make outfront payment and stock the shoes myself if I will to continue marketing the brand. This actually had made me put on my thinking cap of whether I shall continue selling Saucony to the running community (at least to those that had supported me all this while). If I jump into the bandwagon of marketing Saucony I have to find a small outlet to house the stock, and actually start running a small business to sell running shoes either on a part-time small scale or full time basis.
The next hurdle that pops up immediately will be the cost of operation and the finance element. I have to think of my outfront investment for the goods plus rental I have to pay. All these cost money and I am not truely sure whether it can be covered. To cut the story short, I am still at a crossroad in my decision on these. If I take the easy way out, then its a no brainer ~ stop everything and forget about marketing Saucony. No more good value price performance Saucony shoes for the running community. And if I proceed with the plan of setting up the business then there are lot more areas to look at and focus on, it wont be smooth sailing at least for the initial 6 months or so. But again this is always a dream of my life to operate a business of my own and especially in an area I am close to and love doing it ~ and thats sports and running.
Well with so much said and done, I will figure it out and hopefully a decision will be made soon. Whether a new store will be born in 2008 will be there for everyone to see, and whatever happen I will still be in the running scene. And if the store turns out positive, I will need the strongest support from the running community to make it a success and probably an outlet that the runners can gather and exchange running tips besides coming by to purchase their shoes.
Cherrio 2008 and its a LEAP YEAR with hope, cinya!!!!!
Thursday, January 03, 2008
But more importantly that caught my attention was a conversation that I overheard at the medal station.