My ultimate final test of the Supernova Cushion 7 (C7) will be a 30k run or at least running with it for 3 hours and beyond. But before this can happen, I had to make sure that the shoe is properly run in. And therefore prior to this I had another 3 to 4 runs after my first date with C7.
The runs were mostly done on a 8k route which is slightly hilly while there was one run that was focus on a faster pace of 5min per KM. Overall the findings and performance of the shoe is not much different from what I had find out after the first run except for some new findings that I want to add on.
1) The shoe still feels tight on US9 EE after 3 to 4 runs. A half size larger will be ideal and will be more comfortable without the tightness feeling at the forefoot.
2) ADIPRENE is working very well, providing the cushioning and absorbing the pressure of the body and feet as I transitioned from heel to toe. The lift is responsive aided by the ADIPRENE + technology. For a cushion shoe, a runner must have such feeling else the shoe will feel very bulky.
3) The shoe is very feet hugging and does not move too much while running. It also gave a feeling of the feet hitting the ground and does not make any noise while on the run, no squeaky sound.
4) The FORMOTION technology is holding well especially on uphill run that needed the support as well as on uneven surface.
5) TORSION System support and holds the midfoot very well. Not much unnecessary movement and therefore lessen the chances of twisting the feet.
6) GEOFIT provides the hugging feeling and cushy softness around the ankle and back of the heel. I still think its nothing special compare to other brands.
7) Initially after the 1st run, the top of part of my right leg feel some soreness ~ slight discomfort and pain. Apparently I think I had tied the shoe lace too tight. The only way to overcome it was to loosen the lace so that its not too tight. Don't feel the pain in subsequent runs.
After these run-ins, the C7 is ready for the showdown ie the 30k to prove its worthiness. So on the morning of 23 Feb 2008, C7 was ready for the ultimate showdown. At the end of the run, the truth will be review on whether this will be another thousand mile horse that can carry me on a 30k run and beyond. And if she performs well, she could be with me on the road for KLIM08.
As we troop out of the Bukit Aman carpark and the environment fill with fresh air and quietness, I was having high hopes to have a good run with C7 at the end of the day. To cut the story short, the 30k went past us under 3'30" and we are back to the Bukit Aman carpark.
My final top 10 findings and review (in no orders) after this hard workout.
1) The cushioning and arch fit were excellent, and also gives me a good feel of the road.
2) I loved the breathability; a very comfortable shoe and had great ventilation.
3) I loved that there are no seams ie less friction created.
4) The cushioning and weight are some best features. (I am used to heavy cushioned trainers)
5) I love the way it feels on my foot.
7) It had great stability especially on uneven terrain.
8) The soft shoe tongue does not make the shoe feels bulky.
9) GeoFit showing its true color giving the correct fit and comfort feel to the ankle.
10) If I could improve one thing it would be the toebox--it needs to be wider.
So overall, C7 pass with flying colors and I had no complain about her with the exception that if the toebox should be slightly wider, I would have given her a perfect 10. And now she will be in the running to be my thousand mile horse for this year KL International Marathon 2008.
Finally on a more personal note, I will have a high recommendation of C7 to normal and medium arch runners looking for a well cushioned trainers. Suitable for Neutral runners and slight overpronators.
Previous report for review:
1) "Impossible Is Nothing" Wear Test Program
2) First date with C7
An extraction from Adidas to provide a better introduction of C7.
Built to take you far and fast, Adidas Supernova Cushion 7 road-running shoes offer incredible cushioning and comfort with low weight.
- Abrasion-resistant nylon mesh uppers are lightweight and highly breathable; synthetic leather overlays create structure and support
- GeoFit™ construction at ankles provides an anatomically correct fit and extra comfort
- Nylon linings and molded, antimicrobial dual-layer EVA footbeds dry quickly and fight odor
- adiPRENE® midsoles absorb shock in the heels and help maximize heel protection and stability
- adiPRENE®+ under forefeet retains natural propulsive forces for enhanced efficiency
- Torsion® system at the midfoot allows natural rotation between the rearfoot and the forefoot, helping improve surface adaptability
- ForMotion® freely moving, decoupled heel system allows your feet to adapt to the ground strike and adjust for forward momentum
- adiWEAR® rubber outsoles give ample durability in high-wear areas and offer lightweight grip and cushion