Sunday, May 13, 2007

One down, 2 more to go










Did my first 30k LSD on Saturday in preparation for PBM 2007. The so call LG-Hartamas-LG 30k route to me is probably only about 28k. Unless u do 3 loops of 0.8k around the neighborhood at the back of Petronas kiosk, I believe that will give you a total of 30k at the end of the run.

Anyway I am not too concern of the distance but more towards having myself on the road for 3 hours. This is to ensure that my body and legs can still take the toll of running past 3 hours. There is still 42 days remaining to race day, and minus 2 weeks of tapering that means it only leave me 28 days to train and hopefully peak on race day itself. My aim is to go out, have some fun and a comfortable run, and back in 4 1/2 hours.

Overall I am happy with this Saturday LSD except that my legs and upper body (especially the back muscle) were pretty tired. 2 more 30K+ LSD and that will complete the final run-in to my training for PBM 2007. And for those who have yet to register for the event, you can still do so online at the following site. Dateline is 27 May 2007.

Penang Bridge Marathon 2007 Registration




No comments: