Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Its the time when.......

Its the time when I have to seriously take a look at all the shirts and pants that I have in my wardrobe. They all look flabby on me, the pants keep on dropping from my waistline, and the belt needs to be tighten all the time. Yes, I am no more the person (on Sept 2005) that weighs 78kg and had a waistline of between 34"-36". Just went to weigh myself over the weekend at my family doctor clinic and what a big surprise I got. My weight is now 70kg with a frame of 173cm, and I am pretty sure that is accurate since it is a digital weighing scale. My BMI (Body Mass Index) is PERFECT at 154.

This is due to all the outdoor activities that I engaged myself into, starting with the first attempt of running the Putrajaya Half Marathon on Sept 2005 (after a 15 years break). Then onto scaling Mt Kinabalu for the 5th time in my life. And all the consistent runnning, clocking all the mileage that I needed to run in 10k, 15k and 21k races. My next attempt will be the Penang Bridge International Full Marathon on July 30, 2006 (my first again after the long break from running)

Loosing 8kg in about 9 months is something I am proud of (which I have set myself up to do)and kind of achieving my goal in getting rid of those extra Kg. Next will be doing a blood test to check whether my cholesterol level had gone done. My cholesterol level used to be above the border line. The next yearly blood test is not due until Nov 2006, so there is a few more months to work out and hopefully that can bring the level down. But again sometimes high cholesterol level may be due to genetics, as my father had a history of high blood pressure.

Lets see how it goes.




No comments: