Friday, February 13, 2009

Petai



















Thats my new source of regular food. I love petai since I was a young boy but only eating it occasionally. But this year I have kind of include petai as part of my regular diet on my dinner table or treat it as a kind of fruit. There are lots of good benefits from petai as described on the Internet and I will see if all these will compliment me as a runner and an active outdoor person.

A short writeup from one of the website I found:

Petai contains three natural sugars -sucrose, fructose and glucose. Combined with fiber, petai gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy. Research has proved that just two servings of petai provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder petai is the number one fruit with the worlds leading athletes. But energy isnt the only way petai can help us keep fit. It can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions, making it a must to add to our daily diet.

4 comments:

jue said...

wow . . . petai no. 1 food. so can eat few scoobs petai like take koko crunch before run marathon?

i like petai also but very smelly lah. how?

C-CUBE said...

i normally eat at nite. after eating just floss and brush ur teeth. the smell shud go away. if you still kiasu just eat some mints after tat.

Petai, hmmmm....I loving it.

zulhassan said...

salute lah choi.... patut petai naik harga rupanya ada orng makan banyak. hahahaha.....

C-CUBE said...

zul, petai sebenarnya tak mahal, cuma middleman yang untung manyak2. sebab itu lah, petai semakin mahal skrang.

macam mana training utk Ironman. dah sedia ke?