Thursday, December 31, 2009

Salomon X-Trail 10k




















Held in Lembah Kiara, Tmn Tun Dr Ismail on 6 Dec 2009 I decided to give it a shot as I am skipping the StanChart Singapore Marathon 2009. Have never ran in this trail before so it was really a virgin run for me.

The atmosphere was great before the run and bumped into quite a number of running friends who are also skipping the Singapore race. I know doing trail runs are a lot harder than road races and i do experienced it during The Northface 100k Duo Challenge this year. Moreover this is just 2 weeks after Penang Bridge International Marathon 2009, so it will be more of a run that I will enjoy it rather than push myself to finish.

The route was pretty interesting except for the narrow path that causes the human traffic and one will not be able to run according to their pace because on the congestion. Many a time when I start to pick up the pace, I have to slow down and practically start to walk because someone in front slow down or started to walk. Overtaking at certain point is almost impossible.

The race route took us through the mountain bike path around the area and there is actually a lot of hair pin turns and cross over to another path. So if one is not familiar with this route, you can get lost in it.

I finished the race in 1h 30mins, nothing to shout about, but something to remember for the year as I have attempt and complete to trail races in 2009.

No comments: