Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Great Mountaineer



























Met my fren T Ravichandran during my visit to the Vihara temple in Brickfields in this week Wesak Day celebration. Ravi is no ordinary person but to me he is one of the greatest mountaineer in Malaysia and maybe even within ASEAN.

He is the only person in ASEAN who did a solo climb (without any help & support from local Sherpa) and reach the summit of Mount Everest from the North - Tibet side and at the same time raise funds to benefit various charity houses in Malaysia.

6 comments:

Frank Chong said...

WOW! Perhaps can get some tips from him on how to avoid the "Gong Gong Head Syndrome" when climbing mountain. I don't want to suffer again at my next Mount Kinabalu Expedition. Wait... Did I say next? Gulps...

C-CUBE said...

Next we go Nepal !!!! and YES they will be the next Mt Kinabalu climb hopefully next year

cRAzYtoMatOmaN-D said...

Conquered Mount Everest! He's a real mountaineer! It'll be a honor to meet him.

C-CUBE said...

Yes, he is one of the many Xtreme sportsman that I respect. And yet he told me that it made him an even more humble men in life after reaching the summit of Mt Everest (8848m)

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/state_news/news.php?id=203849&cat=ct

Jamie Pang said...

wah nepal! sounds like one heck of a photo outing! RM4K kau tim everything bo? Or maybe go Bhutan - also cinya sui. i saw rick sammon's photos and was captivated.

C-CUBE said...

carboman, RM5k will be safer for a say 10+ days trekking trip in Nepal. Shud be able to see Mt Everest. Just bring all your camera gears and get the porter to carry for you. Interested????

Note: Lets wait till AA fly to Kathmandu, which I was told is pretty soon. Some even said its July 09.