Monday, June 02, 2008

RMAF Half Marathon

Another delayed report by one week but better late than never as the saying goes......

I think by now all of you wud have read so many postings on this event that I probably do not want to talk about it too much. From the great starting point of running along the air-strip of the Sg Besi airbase, the fireworks and the flares that lighted up the atmosphere when the race was flagged off, the sufficient number of water stations that the runners have no reasons to complain and all the way to the superb hospitality shown by the RMAF ~ the host. These are all the talking points of the race, everything you heard and read about is a big thumbs up to RMAF. Well done, cinya!!!!

As for my performance, I wud said I did run well in this half marathon. Although it was under distance (20.47km measured by Garmin Forerunner 205), the undulating terrain at certain part of the course is not an easy task to overcome.


Was feeling and running strong for almost the entire race except towards the last 2k where I already emptied my tank and just maintain a comfortable speed to finishing line. Didnt get a feel of a 2nd wind coming and so not risking to push above limit as the next race will be the Sundown Marathon 2008 on 31 May. Crossed the finishing line in 1h47 mins and running an average of 5min22sec pace throughout the race.

No comments: