Saturday, February 03, 2007

How fast can I run

Today I am running my second 20k LSD (Bkt Aman-Hartamas Petronas-Bkt Aman) within one week. Running buddies this morning are Fook - Miri Runner, Wong Sifu, Geraldine - The Hare, Pelle - Volvo for Life and Lynn.

As we started off at 10mins past six, my legs were a bit stiff after the 20k Thaipusam run on Thursday. Just take it slowly following behind the pack and was chatting all the way with Wong Sifu. After crossing Jalan Duta and onto the Govt offices, I was feeling good and decided to go for a faster pace and see whether I can reach Petronas station under 57mins. Step on the turbo and speed off after turning into Sri Hartamas. Fook was following closely behind and I think its good for both of us to do some speedwork in a LSD run. Push myself all the way and reaches Petronas in 56mins07secs.

I was happy with the timing. Fook came in, then followed by Geraldine, Pelle and WongSifu. Had our drink, a quick rest and saw Mr Pia reaches the station. Greeted him Good Morning and we went off for the return leg.

As usual started off very slowly at an easy pace, and again chatting with Wong Sifu. Pelle, Geraldine and Fook were the front pack. Still running at an easy pace until we crossed Jln Duta and into Kenny Hills. At Tejani's, the Elite pack of Pacemakers overtook us. First was Saiful, followed by Kenny, Ronnie and then Lai FS. I tried following them but their speed is way too fast for me. I increased my pace again after Tejani and again try to shoot for a negative split when reaching Bkt Aman carpark. Because of mostly downhill, my stride is bigger and faster. Soon I reaches Bank Rakyat junction and push myself up the last slope and reaches the carpark in 54mins34secs.

A negative split and both legs were ran under 60mins. Hopefully my pace over longer distance is improving. At the carpark showed off the Saucony 2007 Spring model to some runners around and also the Beginners Group managed by Jamie and Wan Yew Loong.

Build up to KLIM07 will continue.......

No comments: